- Just because someone says they don’t like something about you doesn’t mean it’s bad or you need to change it. Depending on what it is; often it’s a matter of preference.
- Don’t feel the need to do something spectacular or out of the ordinary to be an individual, all you need to show is who YOU are inside.
- Change is a constant. So changing who you are over time is inevitable, and is always likely to be a good thing if you’ve stayed informed, relevant, and clued in to the world around you and have allowed your personal development to be a top priority in your life.
- Even if your friends seem different, don’t hold back. Be yourself and if they don’t accept you they aren’t your real friends.
- If you need to be yourself, do what your heart tells you to do, say what you feel deep inside.If people bully you, you don’t have to bully them back, just turn around and ignore them. Do what you want to do now it doesn’t mean that you should go insane.Be sane and always put a smile on your face.
- Striving to be something you’re not can be unhealthy when it involves improving academic, sport, and social interactions skills. It can be highly harmful when you’re striving to “be like” someone else just to have their popularity, appearance, and attitudes rub off on you. Keep unique by keeping your perspective focused on building your strengths through the inspiration of others, not through becoming like them.
- Fads and trends are a personal decision. While some people avoid them like the plague in the name of “individualism”, it doesn’t mean you’re not being yourself when you choose to follow a trend. It’s all about what you want.