I have to admit that some days his after school snacks are a break between healthy and unhealthy…… I hate to say unhealthy because he does have a variety of all of the food groups….. We are ALWAYS RIPPING AND RUNNING with his activities and cooking at home is ummmm….. like a 2 day a weekk thing! This boy has something to do EVERYDAY of the week literally…..
I do know that we are cutting out the bread…. well at least he can have bread twice a week but that is it…. He eats tons of fruit…. tons of Gatorade… tons of SPECIAL K Products and even a great deal of protein bars….. However, Wish I had the money to just build a chain of gyms for kids….I know that I would make a killing because at least 85 percent of kids in AMERICA is overweight – INCLUDING MINE!
Crazy thing is that he is in shape like he weighed like a skinny kid….
From martial arts…. he is alright… From soccer..he is alright… From baseball…he is alright… From basketball…he is alright..
I should have went ahead and signed him up for swimming – I know that would have SERIOUSLY helped us both shed some pounds….
Just even THINKING about putting this boy in another activity gives me a panic attack! LOL – It is just plumb exhausting and in a minute… His part time nanny will become his mother because I am tired!
It isnt too late but who wants to pay $300.00 for yet ANOTHER ACTIVITY! I already have to buy another instrument for this kid….. I tell him that he costs too much and needs to get a job… His reply is mom I did ask you to work but you said that I am too youn! UGGHH….. ” HUSH IT BOY ”
On my way to pick up my baby to head to his little 5th grade Parent / Teacher Conference…. Please let EVERYTHING be of a good report! He has been blessed to have been on Honor Roll since he has been in Pre – K.
Well, Math is something he is very good in and I would have to give that gene credit to his father….. He aces math like its nobody’s business! I think math is ” alright ” I guess…. However, I think that my son’s father may have been just a little gifted in math which has made my homework time with my son EASY………Thank goodness.
Wish me well and if all goes welll, this conference should be a fly by night meeting that last no longer than 30 minutes AT TOPS!
Drum roll PLEASE……….
If tommorow comes and the yet another phone call isn’t made, would anyone notice that I wasn’t here.
If you go to get a shirt and find it isn’t clean, would you just think that I was being mean? Would you check out the window to see if my car was here, or would you just think that I was somewhere near? And when dinner was not on time, would you look for me to tell me, you just committed a crime! And when you had to cook for yourself, would you wonder why she’s not on time.
And when the phone rings to talk to momma, would you wonder why she didn’t answer, or would you just blame her for yet another crime? When night comes, would you say a prayer, or would you just lie there and stare.
Then the next day comes and you find I’m still not here, would you shed a tear? Would you ask yourself, maybe I should have called her more. Or would you just say, she’s probably at the store. And when you finally see that I’m gone for good, would you miss me or wonder why I left? Nobody ever notices, until it’s too late then it’s the tears that make you hurt so bad.
For you knew this day would come, yet you never prepared. You say that she knew I loved her, but did she really? Did you pick up the phone when she needed you, or were you just too busy to listen to her pain? Were you ever proud of her, did you tell her? Or did you say, she knew I loved her.
Did you ever call to say how’s your day mom? Do you question now, what could I have done to make her feel better? Took her out somewhere nice or brought her a flower just to show her that you love her.
FOR YOU BOTH, I pray that you will not be saying that now it’s too late, but you have one more chance…. now you can send her flowers and they can sit on her grave, she won’t get to smell them or find a pretty vase yet it may make you feel better. You see she was always there, to listen, to care and to love with her whole Heart.
I really wish that I did not QUIT playing the guitar when I was in middle school because music has the ability to bring life to a lot of dead situations. From elementary school, to middle school to high school, I have played a few instruments but did not stick with none of them and it still bothers me to this day!
That is why I stay on my son via his dedication and hard work with sticking with things that interest him. He has played the drums, the tenor saxophone and the piano and has enjoyed them all. Having the ability to USE YOUR FINGERS to make a sound that can make a person feel better, nod their heads, think about love, pray, sing etc is an amazing thing!!!
Well…..I have had a really nice morning and afternoon and it is not because of the weather!…..
Being happy with my total being….
It is not that I am a millionaire….. or lost my last 10 pounds!
It is not that I am getting married… or have my dream job!
It is not that my family is united….. or moving to Germany!
However…. I am alive and have my freedom..mind body…soul and spirit… Nothing fancy – just the basics of life.
I used to hear my parents always place a very high importance on the Simple Life…..and I now know what they mean.
Family surely is a nice piece of the good life……….waking up everyday is also a nice piece of the good life!
My faith is sooooooo super duper charged and strengthen to continue this amazing GOD journey that I choose to be apart of every time that the Good Lord allowd me to wake up and try this thing called LIFE again!!!!
I just picked my son up from school and he was half happy to see me because he was in the middke if a chess tournament.
Then he said he forgot to get his tenor sax…..and I told him he could practice Monday and we can go out to dinner and no tutor via homework this weekend……
He all of a sudden gets this wind of energy and starts dancing and said Mom lets celebrate…get your phone!!!
He wanted to take pics and said It feels good to be your son….I said aww that is sweet..then Im like wait a minute….why?
He says because you are good to me….then I said that is a kids way of saying they are spoiled in a nice and sucking up way!!
He laughed and said oh yeah thanks for buying me new Adiddas soccer shin guards and an Adiddas baseball batting bag and helmet!!
I said what are you talking about… He saw the bags in the back seat through the Dicks and Dunham’s Shopping bags….
Hmmm…….my son indeed is an interesting kid!! GEESH!!
This article made me think of how my little twins would have answered these questions when they were little! Whew, they are a whopping 18 years old now!
WHY GOD MADE MOMS
Answers given by 2nd gradeschool children to the following questions:
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We’re related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people’s mom like me.
What kind of a little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don’t know because I wasn’t there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that mom didn’t have her thinking cap on.
Who’s the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn’t want to be boss, but she has to because dad’s such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What’s the difference between moms and dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power ’cause that’s who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friends.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine..
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don’t do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she’s already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I’d diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I’d get rid of that.
2. I’d make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.