- Just because someone says they don’t like something about you doesn’t mean it’s bad or you need to change it. Depending on what it is; often it’s a matter of preference.
- Don’t feel the need to do something spectacular or out of the ordinary to be an individual, all you need to show is who YOU are inside.
- Change is a constant. So changing who you are over time is inevitable, and is always likely to be a good thing if you’ve stayed informed, relevant, and clued in to the world around you and have allowed your personal development to be a top priority in your life.
- Even if your friends seem different, don’t hold back. Be yourself and if they don’t accept you they aren’t your real friends.
- If you need to be yourself, do what your heart tells you to do, say what you feel deep inside.If people bully you, you don’t have to bully them back, just turn around and ignore them. Do what you want to do now it doesn’t mean that you should go insane.Be sane and always put a smile on your face.
- Striving to be something you’re not can be unhealthy when it involves improving academic, sport, and social interactions skills. It can be highly harmful when you’re striving to “be like” someone else just to have their popularity, appearance, and attitudes rub off on you. Keep unique by keeping your perspective focused on building your strengths through the inspiration of others, not through becoming like them.
- Fads and trends are a personal decision. While some people avoid them like the plague in the name of “individualism”, it doesn’t mean you’re not being yourself when you choose to follow a trend. It’s all about what you want.
Literally The JOURNEY of My Life – Whew……. I Miss My Father –
Biblical parenting is not for cowards or wishy – washy parents. It take courage to set principles and stick to them. Be brave today, you can do this!
Biblical parenting says, deferred gratification is good and necessary to train patience but also to train out selfishness and the “ME” in a child!
Biblical parenting is directly opposed to democratic or humanistic parenting. Biblical parenting says that man has a sin nature that parents must train out of our children in order to pave a path of responsible behavior in them.
Biblical parenting also see that conflict is a reality of life and that resolution of conflict is good. Too many parents try to shield their children from conflict and their children develop no coping skills. Let them work it as you provide wisdom and clarity!
I have a great deal of friends who are happily AND unhappily married!!! However, we indeed have LASTING CONVERSATIONS and just talk for hours at a time – NO – I am not married but I used to be…….and knowing God, hearing God, knowing what you want and how things should be is a good START for any conversational piece…..
We have to stop asking of marriage what God never designed it to give — perfect happiness, conflict-free living, and idolatrous obsession.
Instead, we should be able to appreciate what God designed marriage to provide: partnership, spiritual intimacy and the ability to pursue God — together. So, what do you think is the most common misconception Christians have about marriage?
“Finding a ‘soul mate’ — someone who will complete us,” he says. “The problem with looking to another human to complete us is that, spiritually speaking, it’s idolatry. We are to find our fulfillment and purpose in God . . . and if we expect our spouse to be ‘God’ to us, he or she will fail every day. No person can live up to such expectations.”
Everyone has bad days, yells at his or her spouse, or is downright selfish. Despite these imperfections, God created the husband and wife to steer each other in His direction.
When your wife or husband forgives you . . . and accepts you, you SHOULD learn to receive God’s forgiveness and acceptance as well. In that moment, THEY ARE MODELING God , revealing God’s mercy and helping YOU to see with your own eyes a very real spiritual reality. That AGAPE love that Christ himself wants us to exhibit!
While it’s easy to see why God designed an other-centered union for a me-centered world, living that way is a challenge. So when bills pile up, communication breaks down and you’re just plain irritated with your husband or wife, These reminders to help ease the tension:
- God created marriage as a loyal partnership between one man and one woman.
- Marriage is the firmest foundation for building a family.
- God designed sexual expression to help married couples build intimacy.
- Marriage mirrors God’s covenant relationship with His people.
Okay – my son knows about politics and the things that occur in the world via CNN, the regular news stations and the things that I discuss with him – It is going on 9 pm and I am fussing at him in regards to getting himself together for school and he is ironing his clothes while chatting with me all at the same time……
Then from out of no where – he says mom remember every time there is a new POPE for the Catholic Church it is all over the news for days and it takes over the programs on television. I said yes, he said isn’t the POPE in another country and again, I answered yes.
Well mom, I don’t get that President Nelson Mandela died and he did so much for blacks and whites, was in jail and forgave the people for being mean to him then ran for president right? AGAIN … I said yes baby – He states, why didnt the media cover Nelson Mandela’s funeral on most of all the news channels like they do when they vote for a new POPE or when PEOPLE FROM ENGLAND GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!
Okay y’all, that was enough for me right there!! Whew – my son is indeed amazing! I taught him good and God surely is molding his little mind for such a time as this!
God Bless and Good Night!!