- Just because someone says they don’t like something about you doesn’t mean it’s bad or you need to change it. Depending on what it is; often it’s a matter of preference.
- Don’t feel the need to do something spectacular or out of the ordinary to be an individual, all you need to show is who YOU are inside.
- Change is a constant. So changing who you are over time is inevitable, and is always likely to be a good thing if you’ve stayed informed, relevant, and clued in to the world around you and have allowed your personal development to be a top priority in your life.
- Even if your friends seem different, don’t hold back. Be yourself and if they don’t accept you they aren’t your real friends.
- If you need to be yourself, do what your heart tells you to do, say what you feel deep inside.If people bully you, you don’t have to bully them back, just turn around and ignore them. Do what you want to do now it doesn’t mean that you should go insane.Be sane and always put a smile on your face.
- Striving to be something you’re not can be unhealthy when it involves improving academic, sport, and social interactions skills. It can be highly harmful when you’re striving to “be like” someone else just to have their popularity, appearance, and attitudes rub off on you. Keep unique by keeping your perspective focused on building your strengths through the inspiration of others, not through becoming like them.
- Fads and trends are a personal decision. While some people avoid them like the plague in the name of “individualism”, it doesn’t mean you’re not being yourself when you choose to follow a trend. It’s all about what you want.
I have a great deal of friends who are happily AND unhappily married!!! However, we indeed have LASTING CONVERSATIONS and just talk for hours at a time – NO – I am not married but I used to be…….and knowing God, hearing God, knowing what you want and how things should be is a good START for any conversational piece…..
We have to stop asking of marriage what God never designed it to give — perfect happiness, conflict-free living, and idolatrous obsession.
Instead, we should be able to appreciate what God designed marriage to provide: partnership, spiritual intimacy and the ability to pursue God — together. So, what do you think is the most common misconception Christians have about marriage?
“Finding a ‘soul mate’ — someone who will complete us,” he says. “The problem with looking to another human to complete us is that, spiritually speaking, it’s idolatry. We are to find our fulfillment and purpose in God . . . and if we expect our spouse to be ‘God’ to us, he or she will fail every day. No person can live up to such expectations.”
Everyone has bad days, yells at his or her spouse, or is downright selfish. Despite these imperfections, God created the husband and wife to steer each other in His direction.
When your wife or husband forgives you . . . and accepts you, you SHOULD learn to receive God’s forgiveness and acceptance as well. In that moment, THEY ARE MODELING God , revealing God’s mercy and helping YOU to see with your own eyes a very real spiritual reality. That AGAPE love that Christ himself wants us to exhibit!
While it’s easy to see why God designed an other-centered union for a me-centered world, living that way is a challenge. So when bills pile up, communication breaks down and you’re just plain irritated with your husband or wife, These reminders to help ease the tension:
- God created marriage as a loyal partnership between one man and one woman.
- Marriage is the firmest foundation for building a family.
- God designed sexual expression to help married couples build intimacy.
- Marriage mirrors God’s covenant relationship with His people.
One of the benefits that co-parenting provides is supplying children with a close and fair relationship with both parties. Even though the parents may have their disagreements and different views, for the sake of the children, it is imperative that they put all issues aside and set some uniform rules that must be followed within both households.
Also Parents HAVE TO EVEN FIRST understand what THEIR ROLE as a parent is and then co – parenting would not be so hard for them! Yes, it can drive you crazy when the other parent is totally “off of their game” but for the sake of the child – you pray and push forward…. (ugghh)
2. There should be a uniform set of rules that is enforced in each household. If children notice that they are able to get away with more at one house versus the other, that will cause the children to develop a favorite household for the wrong reasons.
Most people think of the phrase ROAD TRIP with their best buddies and they are going to have a ball…..which there is NOTHING wrong with that.. but when I think of road trip – I think of MY SON and driving to see him up at college… I had such a nice time with him this weekend and just being THERE with him –
I don’t know who gets happier me, his little brother or him! Nonetheless, I am elated that he knows that his mommy loves him and knows that I am here for him – This boy is my other baby he just happens to be 20 years old! Sitting around his apartment as well as running errands for me MAKES ME FEEL GOOD as his mother –
My oldest sister is just as AMAZING and my son was telling his girlfriend that he considers her as his second mother…she teared up on the sly of course…. FAMILY is just amazing ya know and I am surely grateful that God is moving His hand our way.
God heals and restores and that indeed is what God has done for my family – I am so grateful that I just think about the goodness of God and how far me and my babies have come and I just drop a few tears… I am just enjoying MY SON with all of his growth and maturity….him being away at college reminds me that he is really getting older and growing up!
Honey, I NEVER THOUGHT that I would be HAPPY to dive 3 and 1/2 hours monthly…LOL ( pray for us all please )
Have you ever asked yourself if you a good person, and do you push the act of empowering strength to other women? What do you bring to the table in a good girlfriend relationship? A great deal of women think that they are not able to find and maintain good girlfriends… but guess what,, YOU CAN!
We all have our specific qualities and in a friendship, we must to have something that benefits the other person if we are to be of value. What is it that you provide? Dependability? An ear to listen? Good advice? Positive feedback?
We have all had a friend or two that may have a few negative qualities but you try to love them through thier process. Do not ever jump into the gossip rut or complaining trap or do you empower and boost women and cheer them on?
If you find you’re not a positive influence on your friends, you can easily develop some skills to be more so. Keep in mind, if you have negative friends and you become more positive, they may take a while to catch on to the new, more positive you or may choose to leave the friendship. However, when you even meet new friends is a blessing when the spirit of UNITY is there
Women who gain attention by always complaining are unlikely to warm up to a positive-minded person. After all, being positive means taking responsibility for your choices, situation and life and this is completely opposite of what negative people do.
Five great qualities to bring to the friendship table:
• Dependability – Dependability is underrated. If you are a dependable friend with personal boundaries, you are priceless. Without personal boundaries, many dependable friends get taken advantage of.
• Respect – Respect is earned, not aged into. If you respect your friends and what they stand for and it is mutual, your bonds will be stronger and more long lasting than others.
• Positive Feedback – A realistic positive outlook and encouragement are two of the most powerful things you can give a friend in crisis.
• Alternate Perspective – Looking at a situation from a different perspective is crucial to making good decisions. Helping a friend to do this is admirable.
• Honesty – Honesty is not synonymous with agreement. Tough love is sometimes necessary in friendships and is appreciated by true friends.