It is almost like the pleasure principle aspect…..YOU want it…regardless what it has the capability of doing to you……#not cool
I have learned that as we obtain maturity and wisdom via the things of God that the pleasure principle is actually something that we ourselves desire to ” do away with “…………. it takes time just like anything else in life but it is always able to be dismantled for the cause of Christ.
I call pleasure principles >>>> DECORATED sin!
DECORATED sin are things that we know in our mind…body…soul and spirit is wrong and WILL OFFEND GOD
however, we justify them by making excuses or finding “the principle” why we feel that it is okay!
1. Stealing – “well i cant afford it and everyone else has one” ” well i have to feed my family ” ( this is done because people are trying to become something that they are not …./ keeping up with the Jones’s and the 2nd part is people are ashamed to apply for welfare )
2. Revenge – ” well they should not have done it to me ” im going to do everything to pay them back! ( this is done out of hurt )
3. Adultry – ” well it just happened” ( nothing just happens ) ” well they doesnt understand me anymore ( you stopped putting in the time )
4. Fornication – “well i want to see if we will mesh” ( playing house to see if its worth buying ) “well we love each other” (love yourself more)
5. Homosexuality – “well i was curious” ( peer pressure ) “well i was born this way” ( you were molested in some facet or a spirit attached itself to the father or the mother and entered into you )
6. Murder – “well i was trying to get away” ….. “well, if there arent any witnesses, than im safe” ( if its NOT self defense.. no comment )
7. Rape – “well she asked for it” ( the rapist couldnt control his lustful controlling ways ) “well she really meant yes” ( perverted and unstable )
8. Lying – ” well its a little white lie” ( not strong enough to deal with the situation ) “well i was trying to keep their feelings from being hurt ( not loving the person enough to tell them the truth / you as well would want to know im sure…..also WISDOM may tell you to TELL )
9. Disrespect – “well to get respect, you have to give it” ( you just want someone to hear you out and give you a chance, you are frustrated with life ) ” well im grown ” ( you enjoy your age in number but it doesnt show by way of maturity ) “well im 18 now” ( yes you are, so this means that you are no longer going to ask )
As always, there are more things to add…. but just know that when you KNOW that you are doing wrong and “find artistic ways” to do them WITHOUT a concious….that is what I call indeed >>>> DECORATED – sin <<<<<<<<
YUP!!!! it is dressed up on the outside for your FLESH but its ugly on the inside of your SPIRIT