- Just because someone says they don’t like something about you doesn’t mean it’s bad or you need to change it. Depending on what it is; often it’s a matter of preference.
- Don’t feel the need to do something spectacular or out of the ordinary to be an individual, all you need to show is who YOU are inside.
- Change is a constant. So changing who you are over time is inevitable, and is always likely to be a good thing if you’ve stayed informed, relevant, and clued in to the world around you and have allowed your personal development to be a top priority in your life.
- Even if your friends seem different, don’t hold back. Be yourself and if they don’t accept you they aren’t your real friends.
- If you need to be yourself, do what your heart tells you to do, say what you feel deep inside.If people bully you, you don’t have to bully them back, just turn around and ignore them. Do what you want to do now it doesn’t mean that you should go insane.Be sane and always put a smile on your face.
- Striving to be something you’re not can be unhealthy when it involves improving academic, sport, and social interactions skills. It can be highly harmful when you’re striving to “be like” someone else just to have their popularity, appearance, and attitudes rub off on you. Keep unique by keeping your perspective focused on building your strengths through the inspiration of others, not through becoming like them.
- Fads and trends are a personal decision. While some people avoid them like the plague in the name of “individualism”, it doesn’t mean you’re not being yourself when you choose to follow a trend. It’s all about what you want.
Remind yourself to take a break AND breath…… Also even though there’s a great deal of things that you still desire to do, it is ALL about God’s timing.. God is in control in the midst of every hell and fire storm… Be encouraged and maintain your salvation so that you can continually be a witness.
Be happy even when horrid things happen. .. .. Yes, its crazy but God knew YOU before you even entered into your mother’s womb… Put Christ first and things will get just a little bit easier in MOST cases. Get out of yoir own way BUT more importantly, get out of God’s way…. He is waiting! LOL
Remember, like in the book of Jeremiah, He knows the plans for you, so try to stay calm…In layman’s terms….God isn’t tripping because HE already knew how your life would be from the #beginning AND the #end…
So continue to walk in love..pray for more wisdom and allow God to work on a better you. The inside is what counts and your relationship with Christ will always be your TOP priority. ..
Allow the voice of the spirit guide you and tell your flesh MORE OFTEN.
Best Regards and Passionately Signed,
YOU, ME and SELF
For ANYONE who has read a few of my posts know that besides the other RANTS that I may do from time to time – talking about being a parent – talking about politics – talking about relationships – talking about ministry – I SURELY do a great deal of blogs about who I affectionately call ym “Mommy Cakes” ……… She indeed is utterly amazing!
Blessed are the Mothers who love God, for their children shall not be ignorant of their Creator and His plans about them. Blessed are the Mothers who love the word of God, for their children shall know of the way, the truth and the life.
Blessed are the Mothers who love the house of God, for their children shall enter there and sit with them in the presence of God. Blessed are the Mothers who love to pray, for their children shall feel the power of prayer and many shall find salvation. Blessed are the Mothers who love to give to the cause of Christ, for their children shall become supporters of the Kingdom of God.
Blessed are the Mothers who love the family altar, for they shall have their reward in this world and in the world to come. Blessed are the Mothers who love to speak kind words to their neighbor’s children, for thereby they shall win other boys and girls besides their own to Jesus Christ. Blessed are the Mothers who love to be companions to their children, for they shall be called understanding Mothers.
Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life’s battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God, for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need. Blessed are the Mothers who, when they are old and gray, can look back upon memory’s wall with no regret and can say, “I brought my children up in the fear of the Lord.” Theirs are the mansions in glory.
GUARD THE LEADER IN YOU:
Boundaries produces Integrity, loyalty and honor. Leaders must protect the mystery and grace that is upon their lives to lead others. Many may never understand this method, but it is important to set boundaries to manage the level of respect others have and keep for you. Inappropriate familiarity kills the attempt to properly bond. This type of familiarity will ultimately cause others to denote who you are in God because of the access given to areas of your life that should have boundaries. ( thanks md hester )
I have been exposed to diversity all of my life but over the last 10 years I have reshifted my focus towards my OWN community. Was it right? No? Did I feel that I had just cause? Yes – the way that the COMMUNITY acts towards one another from within the COMMUNITY left me no choice but to mentally – physically – emotionally – financially – and sometimes even spiritually from the community.
However, after seeing a movie on August 20, 2013 and it changed me in a way that I scared even myself – I love PEOPLE in general and watching history take place and unfold in front of me on a big screen with total silence in the room ( minus a few parts of a movie that may have been edited for viewing ) still made me become aware of emotions that I had NO IDEA I had the ability to even feel towards another person. However – after the movie was over – I went to go and “speak to myself” and purge what I was feeling –
Although I ONLY spoke for about 10 minutes – I still felt as if I indeed had soo much MORE to say – but I was TERRIFIED how it would actually leave from my lips – Black History has a great deal of blemishes in it….. but it cannot be ERASED but it can be used as a tool of how WE ALL CAN do better and promote and push for LOVE AND EQUALITY – Did I get upset? Yes, Did I cry? YES, Did I become bitter? No, Did I pause and re-evaluate my friendships of anyone who is white in my life? Yes.
Did it change my views of them? NO!! Ugghhh!! Racism is ugly …
Now that I am BETTER and I have CALMED myself down – I feel great – I feel good – I feel free – I feel blessed – I feel strong – I feel different – I feel worthy – I feel accomplished – I feel valued – I feel blessed – I feel invincible – I feel beautiful – I am just honored that I can EVEN FEEL ANYTHING –
One day, I will get a change to do this!! I YES! By the looks of the photo above, I am thinking that being bored would be a GREAT IDEA for me! I want to know what it will feel like not to have any meetings to go to via church, attend any church nightly services, political things, Parent Teacher Conferences, my son won’t have to go to baseballl, basketball or soccer practice – When that day happens – I will just post a blog with a huge smile on my face!
Some people complain about being bored or super bored…. Well listen, what does that FEEL LIKE? Please let me try it! I don’t want to hear a cell phone ringing ( and I have 3 that I use for different things ) I don’t want to hear my home telephone ring, I wont check any emails and I will tell my son to even cut off his cell phone and to just go in his room and read a book!
Being STINGY within your own life is NEEDED – It is good to be SELFISH and this is why….. you should try it…….
S Nurture your SPIRIT………………….
E ENJOY moments alone……………….
L LOVE yourself………………
F Keep FIT and FEEL good……………………
I Make your unique needs IMPORTANT………………….
S SHOWER yourself with gifts………………………
H Be HAPPY and open-HEARTED………………….